Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Residual Pain Hurts More...


I was on my way home this morning from dropping my daughter off when a heavy thought came to me. Once I pulled up to my driveway, the effects from those thoughts were so strong, I sat in my car and wept.  This is what was placed in my spirit...It's not the initial wound that does the most damage...but rather the residual of that wound...Especially if left untreated. Bandages, gauze coverage, make-up, clothing, status, etc only provide temporary soothing...The wounds & gaping holes of a broken soul can't be healed by human hands. There is and will always only be One qualified to perform such a task. God does more than heal, however. He restores everything and makes it all new...I only speak what I know. Try Him for yourself...no appointment required...only a believing heart. Be blessed today and refuse to live another day in deep, soul rooted pain. 

Psalm 34:18 (NLT) The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Psalm 51:17 (NLT) The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.  You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

No comments:

Post a Comment