Thursday, February 19, 2015

Family...Not Perfect...But Beautiful...And a Gift!


~~~~~1 Timothy 5:8(NCV) Whoever does not care for his own relatives, especially his own family members, has turned against the faith and is worse than someone who does not believe in God.~~~~~

So today was the day that will definitely go down in books for me.  Have you ever had an event, an experience, or a day to happen that was so awesome that you didn't want it to end?  Well, yeah that's what I had.  

For the past four days we've pretty much been snowed in from the Arctic temperatures that swept most of the east coast. Temperatures have plummeted and are still dropping into the negatives.  But today, my family and I didn't let that stop us from some much needed "spontaneous fun."  We decided to bundle up (in layers of course), puff our chests out, and brave the snow.  And boy was that a decision we absolutely DO NOT regret!!!

Snow balls, snow bombs, snow angels, snow fights, snowmen, you name it...we did it.  Everyone from my husband (oldest) down to our little bundle of joy (2yr old daughter) laughed and clapped our hands in happiness.  I tried capturing as many moments as I could on my camera...but aside from being blasted by snow bombs, I just wanted to look on through the lenses of my own eyes.  I wanted to gaze at the beautiful gifts God had blessed and privileged me with.  Those moments, though caught on camera, would only last temporarily.  But every memory I formed in my mind could never be erased or taken away from me.

To give you a tidbit of back story about me...I didn't have this.  The genuine, authentic, deep love wasn't there in my family.  Dysfunction, discord, and chaos pretty much had its say so.  I determined in my young mind that if I were to ever live to have a family of my own one day, that I would do my best to ensure that every member felt the love I so deeply kept within me.  And I've been doing just that.

~~~~~Psalm 103: 7 (But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who Him.  His salvation extends to the children's children of those who are faithful to His covenant...~~~~~

We aren't a perfect family.  We fuss and argue.  We have heated moments.  We work each other's nerves. But one thing we are learning is how to allow the love of God to saturate us and be displayed towards others.  

~~~~~1 John 4:16b (NLT) God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.~~~~~

So I leave you with this...love your family.  Don't just say you love them.  But really, really love them.  Love them through their imperfections.  Love them through their faults.  Love them through their frailties.  Thank God for each and every member of your family unit.  If you have children, enjoy and celebrate the uniqueness each one has.  And most of all...HAVE FUN!!!! Be blessed!!

~~~~~Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.  Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.~~~~~

**NOTE**I understand that not everyone has a "biological" family...and that's okay.  God is so amazing in His ways...He knows who we need and who needs us.  So embrace those you call family and who calls you family and consider yourself blessed also =)


No comments:

Post a Comment